Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sean Freyne: Still Circling the Northeast

Thanks to Deidre Good for this announcement:

Thursday, November 8
The Center for the Study of James the Brother at Bard College presents a lecture by renowned biblical scholar Sean Freyne entitled “Retrieving James/Yakov, the Brother of the Lord: From Legend to History” Free and open to the public.
4:00 p.m.
Weis Cinema, Bertelsmann Campus Center

For those unable to attend the lecture at the College, it is available via a live webcast, followed by a question-and-answer session with Freyne at www.bard.edu/jamescenter.


Although Annandale-on-Hudson is more than two hours from New Haven, I'm thinking about making the trip, as James the brother of Jesus is one of my principle areas of interest. Plus, when Prof. Freyne was here last week he was kind enough to ask for a copy of my own paper on James, which I presented at last year's SBL Annual Meeting. I'm sure he was so moved by my breathtaking scholarship that he'll cite me at length. ;-)

No comments: