Monday, February 23, 2009

Awesomeness... And Its Many Repercussions

I was extremely flattered to discover that this blog was listed among the "Top 100 Theology Blogs" compiled by Jessica Merritt of christiancolleges.com. (Check out the complete list here.) Jessica's analysis is brilliantly succinct: "This blog offers a good look at biblical studies." I couldn't have said it better myself. ;-) Perhaps one day I will actually achieve my dream of standing alongside Jim West, Nick Norelli, James McGrath, and the other giants at the top of the biblioblog world...

In celebration of this momentous ranking, I've made a few changes to the blog. The most obvious, of course, is a new template and color scheme. However, I've also added a link to a number of my articles, reviews, and notes, as well as a post archive, to the sidebar. Also, lists such as that prepared by Jessica always introduce me to a number of unfamiliar yet fascinating blogs, which have now been added to the blogroll. Thus you can expect to see some new faces (titles?) there over the next few days.

So tell your family, tell your friends, tell everyone... Confessions of a Bible Junkie is better than ever! ;-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yours is the consumate biblioblog. I can't say that I've come across any of the fluff that the "giants" all post on their blog in all the months that I've frequented yours. BTW, I like the new look.

Matthew Burgess said...

You are too kind, my friend. If anything, I'm just trying to follow your example; you're one of the guys who's really inspired me to make some time for the blog. Keep up the great work!

Jim said...

don't think for a second that fluff is bad. it's what clouds and cotton and fuzzy slippers are made of. and it keeps the punches that land on people's noses from caving in the front of their skull to the back of their neck.

the only people afraid of fluff are those whose craniums are already destroyed and they have the brain damage to prove it.

Anonymous said...

Matthew, I am glad you appreciate the ranking! I'm always happy to highlight a quality blog like yours.

Congratulations on the new design!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim said...

um- matt- this qwin person isnt a person at all but a bot posting spam in hopes that some poor soul will click the link and become infected with some virus.

Matthew Burgess said...

Shoot! Thanks, Jim... I'll get rid of it.